- Replace your filter every quarter of the year using a pleated filter.
- Before spring, use a basic cleaner, like 409, to clean your outdoor units. After spraying with a cleaner, use a high pressure hose to clean the cleaner off.
- A clean outdoor unit reduces high head pressure on the compressor, rejects the heat and results in low power bills.
- Take advantage of your programmable thermostats! When leaving the house, set back and before arriving home have it automatically set to your desired temperature thirty minutes before arrival.
- When having guests, pre-cool your house before guests arrive.
- During hot summer months, pull your shades to keep heating to a minimum.
- When vacuuming, put the thermostat from AUTO to ON which will keep your fan blowing while you vacuum to help eliminate dust.
- Add a quarter cup of bleach to your condensate pumps then add a 1/2 gallon of warm water.